- Vietnam ranks 12th in the world, 6th in Asia and 1st in Southeast Asia in terms of low internet service rates
- The average monthly cost of broadband Internet in Vietnam was US$12.4
- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
The average monthly cost of broadband Internet in Vietnam was US$12.4, much cheaper than in Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines.
Vietnam is among the countries with the cheapest internet service in the world, accornding to a report by Cable.co.uk, a private company researching cable television services, Internet and telecommunications of the UK.
Cable.co.uk collects data from 3,288 fixed network service providers in 211 countries in the world, from October to December 2020. The average amount that users in the world have to spend a month on Internet connection is US$78.14.
Accordingly, Vietnam ranks 12th in the world, 6th in Asia and 1st in Southeast Asia in terms of low internet service rates. Average users in Vietnam spend US$11.27 (equivalent to VND260,000) for a month on Internet connection.
The average monthly cost of broadband Internet in Vietnam was US$12.4, much cheaper than in Thailand (US$25.9), Indonesia (US$32.5), Malaysia (US$34.9), and the Philippines (US$51.1).
Around 64 million Vietnamese, or over half the country’s population, are online.
In contrast, African countries with poor telecommunications infrastructure, lack of competition among service providers and low average income are the ones with the highest internet cost in the world.
Particularly, Internet users in Eritrea have to spend an average of US$2,666 per month. The next one is Mauritania, with US$ 712.46 for a month of internet connection.
Ukraine is the country with the cheapest internet rates in the world, with an average price of only US$6.41 per month. It is followed by Syria, with an average Internet rate of US$6.49 per month.
This article was originally published in Hanoitimes
- Internet traffic slow as undersea cables broken
- Vietnam’s internet connection breaks twice in one month
- Internet connection slows in Vietnam further as undersea cable down
- Vietnam’s internet speed to fully recover on June 11
- Vietnam’s internet speed is back to normal as undersea cable fixed
- New fault found in AAG undersea cable
- Vietnam’s internet connection has been disrupted
- Internet back to normal in Vietnam as undersea cable fixed
- The AAG submarine cable would be in service again on June 6
- Vietnam’s Internet connectivity to remain unstable until mid-July