Nearly 60 million mobile phone subscribers in Vietnam are using only voice and message services reported the Vietnam Telecommunications Authority (VNTA) under the Ministry of Information and Communications.
A feature phone. — Photo thegioididong.com
VNTA statistics revealed that Vietnam had 132,52 million mobile phone subscriptions by December last year. Of which, mobile subscribers only using voice and message services were 58.68 million and those using data are 73.8 million.
With nearly 60 million subscribers using traditional telecommunications services, this is clearly a fertile market for telecom businesses to develop subscribers using data services.
In fact, not all subscribers using these traditional telecommunications services are using feature phones (an earlier generation of mobile phones), but most use smartphones but do not use data.
This can be demonstrated through VNTA statistics that the number of feature phone users was only 12 million in October last year. — VNS
- Over 89,600 mobile subscribers spreading spam calls blocked in six months
- 2G and 3G devices will no longer be in commercial circulation in Vietnam next year
- Operators make more money from digitalisation
- Vietnam to stop importing 2G, 3G phones next year
- Vietnam to stop production and import of 2G, 3G phones next year
- Vietnam to cease importing 2G, 3G phones next year
- Vietnam’s anti-COVID-19 ‘weapons’: Part 2, 10 billion times reminding of COVID-19 fight
- MobiFone offers customers free data, calls to make up for disruption
- Mobile phone users protected from spam calls