The event is being co-organised by the city’s Department of Science and Technology and Department of Information and Communications, the Vietnam National University – HCM City, and the National Agency for Technology Entrepreneurship and Commercialisation Development (NATEC).
Director of the department and head of the organising board Nguyen Viet Dung said the competition is open to all individuals, collectives, and businesses.
Entries may involve production, trade, transport, finance, healthcare, education, or agriculture. Apart from a prize of 550 million VND (24,000 USD), competitors will have the chance to receive training and counselling and join an incubator programme with funding of 200 million VND per project for a maximum of three months.
Those entering the final round will be presented to investors and have the chance to receive investment packages for the next stage.
Entries must be sent to the board prior to July 31.
A qualifying round is scheduled for August, with a maximum of 50 entries. Twenty will then enter the semi-final round from August to November. The final round and the awards ceremony will then take place in November./.VNA
- Contest for AI implementation launched in HCMC
- 72 percent of entries to Viet Solutions 2020 contest from overseas
- Vietnamese Startup has a chance to win a prize of 1 million USD
- Contest launched to seek digital transformation solutions
- HCMC works with Israel on startup development
- Final round of ‘Innovation in Hi-tech Agriculture 2020’ kicked off
- New wave of startups and innovation in HCMC
- Deputy minister discusses artificial intelligence strategy with HCMC leaders
- Application technology competition launched for