Kovalevskaia Awards 2019 were given to one excellent team and one outstanding individual. (Photo: dangcongsan.vn)
Kovalevskaia Awards 2019 for the outstanding team was given to the group of female scientists working in the Influenza Laboratory of the Virology Department (the National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology) thanks to their research on minimizing negative effects of influenza epidemics.
Associate Prof. Dr. Tran Thi Thu Ha, Head of the Institute of Forestry Research and Development (a member of Thai Nguyen University) won the title of the outstanding individual. She is well-known for her study on mass propagating 12 valuable medicine plants of Vietnam, which has been issued a protective certificate by the Government.
On this occasion, the organization board of Kovalevskaia Awards, Vietnam Association for Promoting Education, Vietnam Association for Intellectual Women delivered 5 scholarships to female students with excellent learning results.
Similarly, the central office of VWU presented 30 scholarships to female students suffering from Covid-19 pandemic.
By Bich Quyen – Translated by Vien Hong
- Female scientists honoured with Kovalevskaia Award
- Science and technology talents awarded with Gloden Globe Awards
- Eight research projects nominated for the 2020 Ta Quang Buu Prize
- Three Vietnamese female scientists named among Top 100 Asian researchers
- Van, Duy Nhat stamp prominence at Vietnam Golf Awards
- Ten get Golden Globe Awards for tech excellence
- Three scientists receive Ta Quang Buu Awards 2020
- 2019 Journalism Awards on Science – technology delivered
- Vietnam Digital Transformation Awards 2020 to honour 58 products