Hanoi (VNA) – The technology business community must take the lead in development research and innovation to contribute more to national digital transformation to achieve an aspiration for a strong and prosperous Vietnam, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc said.
In a letter sent to the second National Forum on Developing Vietnam Technology Companies which opened in Hanoi on December 23, the Prime Minister acknowledged the contributions made by nearly 60,000 technology companies whose combined turnover is estimated at 120 billion USD. He said they have become an important driver of the country’s business community.
The Government will continue completing institutions and laws, carrying out appropriate strategies and policies, and improving the business and investment environment to facilitate the development of businesses, especially those involved in digital technology, the Government leader wrote.
The forum is the biggest event of the year dedicated to technology firms in Vietnam, drawing the participation of nearly 1,000 delegates.
Attending the forum, Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam affirmed the importance of information technology (IT) as well as great contributions of IT businesses to socio-economic development.
Stressing the important role of digital transformation and Make in Vietnam products in national growth, he encouraged the companies to do their utmost to take control over technology and have more Make in Vietnam IT products and solutions.
Minister of Information and Technology Nguyen Manh Hung affirmed that Make in Vietnam products are a prerequisite for Vietnam to become a prosperous and developed country.
After nearly one year implementing the Prime Minister’s directive on developing Vietnam’s technology companies, over 13,000 new firms of this type were established. At present, Vietnam has more than 58,000 technology businesses, and the target of 100,000 tech firms in 2030 may be reached in 2025, the minister said.
At the forum, 14 outstanding products received 2020 Make in Vietnam technology product awards. The awards aimed at honouring technology products made by Vietnamese people and serving the nation’s digital transformation and digital economic development./. VNA
- 2020 the dawn of national digital transformation: Insiders
- 2021 is a year to boost Vietnam technology development: ICT Minister
- National digital transformation program
- Vietnam strives to have 100000 digital technology companies by 2030
- Vietnam Open Technology Forum 2020: Promoting National Digital Transformation
- Digital transformation: opportunities and challenges
- Bottlenecks must be removed to facilitate innovation: Deputy PM
- COVID-19 a once-in-a-century opportunity to boost digital transformation
- Launch of Ho Chi Minh City's Digital Transformation Creation and Experiences Space
- Human resources: key to digital transformation success