Hanoi (VNA) – The Vietnam Digital Investor Club (VDI) was introduced this week in the framework of Techfest 2020.
This is the first club in Vietnam specialising in investment activities for digital start-ups, attracting several large corporations and technological investment funds.
Initiated by Vietnam Software and IT Services Association (VINASA), VDI aims to boost the establishment of the national start-up ecosystem. VDI’s core members include technological business people and investors operating in Vietnam.
VINASA said there is still a “gap” in the current start-up movement as both funds and investors have paid much attention to financial support and economic capacity but not to capacity building and technology development consultancy.
VDI focuses on providing investment guiding and special consultation for technological start-ups so Vietnam can have a growing number of strong digital enterprises, contributing to the national digital transformation process.
Nguyen Dinh Thang, VINASA’s vice chairman cum chairman of the club, said: “VDI wants to become an active organisation in both domestic and international innovative start-up ecosystems. VDI hopes to help young businesses take confident steps towards their sustainable development.”
In the initial period, the club’s members committed an investment of 6 million USD into start-ups./.VNA
- Vietnam Digital Investor Club formally introduced
- Vietnam’s first club for digital startups inaugurated
- Vietnam Digital Transformation Day 2020 to open next week
- VINASA selects Vietnam ICT actors
- Vietnam Digital Transformation Day slated for mid-December
- Vietnam honours leading ICT companies in 2020
- New program to support digital transformation kicked off
- Techfest Vietnam 2020 promotes creativity and innovation
- Investment funds commit to pouring US$815 million into start-ups in Vietnam
- Vietnam looks to speed up digital transformation process