Hanoi (VNA) – HCMUS.Twice, a student team from the University of Natural Science under the Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City (VNU-HCM), triumphed the final round of the 2020 ASEAN Student Contest on Information Security on November 28.
The finale brought together ten teams from Vietnam and six others from ASEAN member states whose ability were tested on how to mount cyber-attacks against their opponents and to defend their own computer networks within a duration of eight hours.
HCMUS.Twice won the first prize with 6,900 points. NotEfiens from the VNU-HCM’s University of Technology and AmongUs from FPT University, Hanoi shared the second prize.
The third prize was claimed by MSEC_ADC from the Military Technical Academy, Pawsitive from the VNU-Hanoi’s University of Engineering and Technology, ISIT-DTU1 from Duy Tan University, and PTIT.Infern0 from the Post and Telecommunications Institute of Technology, Hanoi.
The competition was organised by the Vietnam Information Security Association (VNISA) as part of a series of events to mark the Vietnam Information Security Day.
The contest has been held annually in Vietnam for the last 13 years, said Vu Quoc Khanh, VNISA Vice Chairman, adding that this is the second year it was held among ASEAN nations.
The contest is a Capture-The-Flag competition for students in the bloc to encourage them to study and cultivate practical and team-working skills. It also aims at fostering cultural and academic exchanges among information security students in ASEAN./.VNA
- ASEAN Student Contest on Information Security to open on Oct 17
- Vietnamese team tops qualifying round of ASEAN information security contest
- Vietnamese students place 2nd in regional cybersecurity competition
- Vietnam wins first prize in Future Ready ASEAN contest
- HCMUS wins AI contest for technological engineers
- Vietnamese students win Google’s technology challenge
- Communist Youth Unions launches IELTS contest for Vietnamese citizens
- Student giving piggyback to friend enrolls in Thai Binh Mediciine University
- AI-driven innovation contest launched in HCM City
- Announcing the recipients of the 2020 ASEAN-United States Science Prize for Women