At least three retail shops on Tran Quang Khai Street, District 1, opened through midnight for iPhone buyers. Chairs and drinks were prepared for waiting customers. A long line of buyers was also formed outside of the retail store at Petrosetco building at 9 pm. In order to attract even more midnight customers, some stores held lucky draw games.
The retail stores all started selling iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max. For the first time in six years, such a large retail event was held in which a phone model was sold by multiple retailers at the same time and attracted a large number of buyers.
A distributor in HCM City said iPhone 12 were sold at many stores in HCM City to meet demand.
Phuc from Go Vap District queued outside of the store at Petrosetco building. He said he was so excited to upgrade from iPhone 7 to iPhone 12 Pro that he decided to join the midnight queue.
Several artists were also spotted at the retail stores to buy the new iPhone.
Nguyen Dat, a retail store manager, said the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro Max supply might not be enough to meet the booking orders.
More people flocked to the retail stores this time because the number of iPhones brought into Vietnam as hand luggage dropped significantly. iPhone 12 were also put on display at local stores earlier than expected. Their prices are equal or not much higher than the iPhone brought to Vietnam as hand luggage.
Some stores reported that they already sold out the iPhone 12 Pro and the Pro Max.
This article was originally published in Dtinews
- HCM City buyers queue at midnight for iPhone 12
- Buyers queue at midnight for iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini fails to enthuse Vietnamese customers
- Apple fans queue overnight to get hands on new iPhone 12 in Saigon
- iPhone 12 in high demand, dealers earn bargain
- iPhone 12 prices drop by VND2 million after several days in Vietnam
- When will iPhone 12 be available in Vietnam?
- Apple iOS 14.3 developer beta 2 is now available with a major new iPhone 12 Pro feature
- Apple mulls over making iPhone in Vietnam
- Zalo is thought to be gathering data from iPhone clipboards