Financial details of the round were not disclosed.
The latest round comes after Nykaa raised 1.66 billion rupees (US$22.5 million) from hedge fund Steadview Capital in March at a valuation of US$1.2 billion.
Founded in 2012, Nykaa operates both online and offline retail stores, offering makeup, skincare, hair care, fragrance, and personal care items, among others.
The company recently said it has benefited from people shifting to online shopping amid the pandemic, thus boosting the e-tailer’s market share in the beauty business.
It also unveiled that it recorded 18.6 billion rupees (US$252 million) in revenue for the year ended March 31. It is expecting a 40% growth in consolidated revenue in the ongoing fiscal year.
Nykaa’s competitor, cosmetics firm Plum, announced yesterday that it had raised 110 crore rupees (US$14.9 million) in a series B funding led by Faering Capital.
Currency converted from Indian rupee to US dollar: US$1 = 73.8 rupee.
- Reliance Retail to receive $1b from GIC, TPG
- Indonesia’s Social Bella expands to its first international market Vietnam
- Indian smart appliance startup Atomberg Technologies lands $9.4m in series B round
- Ex-Flipkart execs’ retail tech startup Arzooo nets $7.5m in series A round
- Accel, Vertex Ventures infuse fresh funds into Indian social commerce startup GlowRoad
- Chinese cosmetics unicorn files for $100m US IPO
- Flipkart’s Myntra nets $103m infusion from parent firm
- Vietnamese online travel startup Vntrip adds US$7m in series B round
- Indian DIY startup Dukaan bags seed funding from Matrix, Lightspeed
- Indonesia’s iSeller bags series A round from Openspace Ventures, Mandiri Capital