Hai Phong (VNA) – About 100 Vietnamese and Japanese enterprises joined an event in the northern port city of Hai Phong on November 20 to connect the supply and demand of technological equipment.
Speaking at the event, Director of the municipal Department of Science and Technology Duong Ngoc Tuan said in order to improve competitiveness and production capacity of domestic enterprises, the Government issued a number of policies and mechanisms related to the transfer of foreign technologies.
Tuan hailed Japan as one of the two countries with the largest foreign direct investment in Hai Phong. The event is expected to help firms grasp demand and exchange information to lay a foundation for future cooperation, he said.
Chairman of Japan’s Suwamo Association Kazuo Osaka said participating Japanese enterprises operate in the fields of technology, health care, environment and agriculture. He expressed hope that the event will step up connectivity between firms from the two countries.
Earlier, similar events were also held by the Suwamo Association and the municipal Department of Science and Technology./.VNA
- Vietnamese, Korean firms seek to promote technology coorperation
- Vietnamese, Korean firms seek to promote technology co-operation
- Vietnam, RoK boost connectivity in technological supply-demand
- “Ba Ria-Vung Tau Techconnect 2020” will present nearly 400 technologies
- Vietnam willing to welcome investment from Japanese IT firms: Official
- Online seminar held to promote Japanese investment in Binh Duong
- Conference promotes Japanese investment in Binh Duong
- Vietnamese, Japanese businesses enhance cooperation through online platform
- Lach Huyen Port receives Japanese innovation technology award