With permission from the Ministry of Information and Communications, VNPT will launch the pilot commercial running of the 5G network in four areas in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh from December.
According to the group, 5G service will be launched at the Hoan Kiem Lake pedestrian streets and Hai Ba Trung District in Hanoi and some crowded areas in districts 1 and 3 in Ho Chi Minh City.
The group has prepared to support 5,000 5G subscribers during the pilot time.
The ministry previously allowed two other local telecom giants, the military-owned Viettel and state-owned MobiFone to launch the pilot commercial running of the 5G network in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
Viettel has been allowed to pilot 5G in Hanoi with a maximum of 140 base transceiver stations while MobiFone were given permission to operate 50 stations in Ho Chi Minh City.
Chairman of the Vietnam Internet Association, Vu Hoang Lien, said that 5G mobile technology holds a predominant advantage to its predecessors in frequency, bandwidth, speed and latency, which guarantees a better user experience.
“5G will pave the way for the Internet of Things, automation and robot science applications,” he said, adding that he is positive about Vietnam’s readiness for 5G in regards of both demand and infrastructure capacity.
This article was originally published in Dtinews
- VNPT to pilot 5G service launch in December
- Vietnamese telecom carriers licensed to pilot 5G commercial running
- Vietnamese telcos granted permission to test commercial 5G in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
- HCMC has potential to attract high-quality EU investments: EU ambassador
- Viettel, MobiFone licensed to commercially test 5G
- Vietnam grants 5G commercial test licenses to Viettel, MobiFone
- Viettel, MobiFone licenced to commercially test 5G
- VNPT gets green light to commercially test 5G
- Four mobile companies strike deal for sharing telecom infrastructure