MegaRobo , a Chinese startup focused on the development of robots and the Internet of Things, announced that it has raised US$30 million in a series B round led by Sinovation Ventures, a VC firm founded by Google China’s former president Kai-Fu Lee.
MegaRobo CEO Daniel Huang /Photo credit: Robert Bosch Venture Capital
Liando Investment, Joy Capital, and Robert Bosch Venture Capital (RBVC), the corporate venture company of Robert Bosch GmbH, also participated in the round.
Founded in 2016 MegaRobo works on the application of robot and artificial intelligence in the life science industry. It also provides automation solutions for smart retail and lightweight manufacturing.
The company said it has launched a laboratory where engineers and biologists can explore how robotics and AI can be used in drug discovery, genetic engineering, and clinical diagnosis, among others.
With the new fund, MegaRobo will further build its laboratory and expand its core business. The Beijing-based company currently has a team of 150 employees.
In 2018 it secured nearly US$10 million in a series A round led by Joy Capital. Last year, it raised an undisclosed amount in a series A+ round led by RBVC, with participation from Gobi Partners, Future Capital, and Joy Capital.
Prior to these, it had closed 5 million yuan (US$746000) in a 2016 seed round and more than 10 million yuan (US$1.5 million) in a 2017 angel round.
Currency converted from Chinese yuan to US dollar: US$1 = 670 yuan.
- “Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions in Vietnam” marks 10th anniversary
- Chinese edtech startup VIPThink bags $180m in round led by Vision Fund 2
- Accel, Vertex Ventures infuse fresh funds into Indian social commerce startup GlowRoad
- Japan’s space debris removal startup Astroscale banks $51m in series E round
- Sequoia China leads $22m funding round in software startup BizSeer
- Do Ventures leads $1.5M Pre-Series A round of fintech startup Mfast
- BRI Ventures’ fund invests $2m in drink brand Haus in series A round
- Mr. Dzung Nguyen left CyberAgent Capital and set up a venture capital fund with Le Hoang Uyen Vy
- Hiring platform Betterplace bags $10m in Jungle Ventures-led series B round