He recalled that the establishment of a network of smart cities was part of the priorities of the Year of the Vietnamese presidency of ASEAN and that it was one of the three main missions set by government to accelerate Vietnam's digital transition in the era of the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
Vietnam sees the development of smart and sustainable cities as a decisive effort to improve the national competitive advantage, said the head of the Vietnamese government.
To this end, it is important to focus on the development of efficient smart infrastructure and the establishment of e-governance, then digital government, he continued.
This effort must be based on the continuous achievements and experiences of 35 years of national renewal and harnessing the added values of new technologies while promoting the unique cultures of ASEAN countries, he said.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc called on the construction industry, communities and businesses, especially technology companies, to work closely together to develop efficient smart cities.
Urban development is an important channel for stimulating national growth. Vietnam aims to accelerate and expand urban development to bring the best benefits to its people, he said.
On the sidelines of the summit, the Vietnamese head of government visited the Smart City Fair where Vietnamese and foreign companies present cutting-edge technologies for building the cities of tomorrow. - VNA
- Smart cities promoted to improve national competitiveness
- Vietnam developing six smart cities
- Award promotes sustainable development of smart cities
- 37th ASEAN Summit: Strong commitment to building ASEAN Community
- Smart city building sped up
- Vietnam Smart City Award 2020 launched
- Vietnamese PM chairs 36th ASEAN Summit on June 26
- Việt Nam Smart City Award 2020 launched
- 36th ASEAN summit underscores “cohesive and responsive” spirit
- First centre of ASEAN Smart Logistics Network launched