Winners of the 2019 ASEAN Student Contest on Information Security (Photo: sv-attt.vnisa.org.vn)
Hanoi (VNA) – A total of 121 teams from 31 Vietnamese colleges and universities and 37 teams from those in six other ASEAN member states will kick off the starting round of the 2020 ASEAN Student Contest on Information Security on October 17.
According to the organising board, the Vietnam Information Security Association (VISA), the first round, a new feature this year, will last for four consecutive hours.
Each participating university will choose up to three best teams to compete in the Qualifying Round, which is scheduled for October 31 and lasts eight hours.
Ten teams from Vietnam and six teams from other ASEAN member nations (one team each nation) are expected to rival at the final round slated for November 28.
In the eight-hour finale, contestants will be tested on their ability to counter-measure cyber-attacks against their opponents and to defend their own computer networks.
Grand Prize and Second Prize winners will receive certificates of merit from the Vietnamese Minister of Education and Training at an international workshop marking Vietnam’s information security day, which is expected to take place on December 2.
The contest is a Capture-The-Flag competition for students in the bloc to encourage them to study and cultivate practical and team-working skills. It aims at fostering cultural and academic exchange among information security students in ASEAN./.
- Vietnamese teams win 2020 ASEAN Student Contest on Information Security
- Vietnam wins first prize in Future Ready ASEAN contest
- ASEAN – Japan cyber security drill held
- Solve For Tomorrow contest open for Vietnamese junior, senior high schoolers
- Next Media to sponsor final round of National U15 Championship
- Vietnam senior and U22 national teams set to gather in mid-August
- Vietnamese student wins prize at ASEAN Youth Video Competition
- Heavy training schedule for national football teams this year
- Vietnam attends 38th ASEAN Social Security Association Board Meeting
- ‘Student Chie-Tech 2021’ formally kicked off