Hanoi (VNA) - Vietnam, as an ASEAN member state, pledges to participate actively and responsibly in regional cooperation mechanisms to ensure cyberspace security and safety, Deputy Minister said from Public Security, Luong Tam Quang.
Leading a Vietnamese delegation participating in the 5th ASEAN Ministerial Conference on Cybersecurity (AMCC-5) organized via videoconference on October 7 under the aegis of Singapore, he insisted on the need to establish codes conduct to maintain a safe cyberspace.
The Vietnamese government has tasked the Ministry of Public Security to develop and adjust the cybersecurity law in accordance with regional and global standards, he said.
Vietnam has launched a digital transformation program for 2025 with a vision until 2030 with the aim of being among the 50 most advanced countries in this area, he said.
According to him, the Vietnamese Ministry of Public Security has focused on improving cybersecurity capabilities to protect key information infrastructures through workforce training and international cooperation to deal with cyber attacks.
Participants at the event discussed a plan to implement a code of conduct on cyberspace, measures to protect cyber infrastructures that are vital for regional connectivity and commerce.
Presiding over the event, Singapore's Minister of Communication and Information, S. Iswaran, called on ASEAN member countries to jointly address cybersecurity challenges in a spirit of mutual collaboration. - VNA
- Vietnam actively participates in regional cooperation to ensure cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity: Vietnam active in regional cooperation
- Vietnam commits to ensuring ASEAN cyber security, safety
- Vietnam commits to ASEAN cooperation to ensure cyber security, safety
- ASEAN pledges stronger cooperation in fighting trans-national crime
- Kaspersky ready to share cybersecurity solutions with Vietnam
- Vietnam, Singapore discuss enhancing cyber security ties
- Top Legislator Calls for Cybersecurity Cooperation among ASEAN
- ASEAN – Japan cyber security drill held