The development of the national strategy is a step forward to the realization of the Prime Minister’s Directive No. No.01/CT-TTg dated January 142020 on promoting digital businesses in Vietnam.
The workforce of digital businesses is expected to increase to 1.2 million over the next five years and 1.5 million by 2030 read the draft strategy.
These businesses’ annual export value would grow by 10-20% in 2020-2025 period and 20-30% beyond 2025.
By 2030 digital businesses are expected to account for 10% and 20% of GDP by 2025 and 2030 respectively.
The draft strategy sets goal to bring Vietnam into top three countries in ASEAN and top 70 in the world for technology and innovation ranking by 2025 and top two in ASEAN and top 50 in the world by 2030.
At present, Vietnam is home to about 43000 enterprises operating in the information and technology sector together with 17000 others doing business in distributing and providing IT products and solutions.
- Vietnam strives to have 100000 digital technology companies by 2030
- National digital transformation program
- Vietnam prioritizes digital transformation
- Here’s what you need to know about national strategy on gender equality of Vietnam
- Strategy approved to boost vocational training development until 2030
- ASEAN Digital Masterplan 2025 adopted
- Vietnam strives to enter world’s Top 50 in terms of AI by 2030
- Vietnam to complete forming digital government in 2030
- “Digital Transformation Day 2020” will take place next August
- Vietnamese digital economy expected to jump to US$43 billion by 2025