Nhân Dân online - Nature Research has published the 2019 Nature Index ranking of the top ten Vietnamese higher education and research institutions according to the number of international publications in scientific journals.
Carried out from August 12018 to July 312019 this list is focused on a variety of fields, including earth and environmental sciences, physical sciences, chemistry, and life sciences. According to the Nature Index 2019 the universities and research centers, which appear in the ranking, are:
1. Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology;
2. Duy Tân University;
3. Hanoi University of Science and Technology;
4. National University of Ho Chi Minh City;
5. International Center for Interdisciplinary Science and Education;
6. Tôn Duc Thang University;
7. National University of Hanoi;
8. Oxford University Clinical Research Unit (OUCRU);
9. Center for research on the structure of materials and nanotechnologies;
10. Phenika University.
Universities are currently attaching great importance to team building to strengthen research activities and increase international publications in scientific journals.
Nature Index selected 82 major journals from tens of thousands of prestigious international journals such as Nature, Cell, Science, Nano Letters, Geophysical Research Letters, Journal of The American Chemical Society, Macromolecules,… for ranking.
The ranking results are calculated according to two criteria, which are the number of articles (AC) and the percentage of publication (FC).
- Three Vietnamese universities in the ranking of the 1000 best universities in the world
- Vietnam university ranked among world’s top 400
- Ton Duc Thang University makes world top 800 ranking
- Three Vietnamese universities find place in Asia’s top 500
- Vietnam National University Hanoi among world's best
- Scientific research advances in higher education
- Two Vietnamese universities listed in global U50 ranking, among the best young universities in the world
- Vietnamese university among world’s best ‘Golden Age’ rankings 2020
- Local universities given five stars in University Performance Metrics