Hanoi (VNA) - An international exercise between the ASEAN and the Japan on Preventing and Responding to Transnational Cyber Attacks took place online and offline on June 25 with the participation of the ten ASEAN member countries and Japan.
Co-organized by the Vietnam Computer Emergency Response Center (VNCERT) and the Vietnamese Ministry of Information and Communication, this annual exercise aimed to ensure seamless interaction in information sharing between regional countries on cybersecurity incidents.
More than 200 information technology (IT) experts from many Vietnamese ministries and agencies gathered in Hanoi, Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh City to join the event.
Deputy Minister of Information and Communication Nguyen Thanh Hung said that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, people and organizations are turning to telecommuting, making more important. cybersecurity .
In recent years, the number of cyberattacks in Vietnam has been trending down. In the first five months of the year, 1495 cyber attacks disrupted the country's information systems, down 43.9% year-on-year.
However, the risk of cyberattacks external forces is increasing, he said, adding that the organization of the international exercise is helping to raise the capacity to prevent and counter cyberattacks.
At the event, IT experts shared their views on inspecting and evaluating information security and creating basic standards for the task.
A representative of the Information Security Authority under Vietnam's Ministry of Information and Communication said the exercise aimed to improve professional capacities and develop a national network for responding to cybersecurity incidents. In this context, training courses, study activities and international cooperation in the prevention and fight against cyber attacks are also planned. -VNA
- ASEAN – Japan cyber security drill held
- Cybersecurity: Exercise to Combat Advanced Persistent Threats in Vietnam
- Nearly 1,500 cyber attacks hit Vietnam’s information systems
- ASEAN: Vietnam works to strengthen cybersecurity
- Nearly 1500 cyberattacks target Vietnam's information system in five months
- Vietnam actively participates in regional cooperation to ensure cybersecurity
- Number of cyber attacks in Vietnam drops in April
- Vietnam commits to ensuring ASEAN cyber security, safety