Hanoi (VNA) - An exchange of views entitled “ Digital transformation : Opportunities and Challenges ”was held on July 4 in Hanoi under the auspices of the Vietnam IT Association and others in the information technology industry.
Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam and Minister of Information and Communication Nguyen Manh Hung attended.
According to Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam, achieving digital transformation requires the participation of government, businesses and residents. The government is achieving digital transformation to better manage and serve people while the goal of businesses is to provide better services to customers. Residents should also be encouraged to participate in the digital transformation.
He stressed that the digital transformation could not be dissociated from the socio-economic conditions of the country. Vietnam's weaknesses in the digital transformation process are related to the lack of discipline, cooperation and strategic perseverance. Vietnam needs to address these weaknesses to accelerate digital transformation so as not to fall behind internationally.
Information and Communication Minister Nguyen Manh Hung, for his part, said the key to a successful digital transformation is to change the perception of leaders. For businesses, digital transformation is about model change, governance, ways of doing business and operating. We must consider digital transformation as the question of all the people, he said.
Present at the exchange of views, Nguyen Huy Dung, head of the Computerization Department of the Ministry of Information and Communication, said that e-governance will help to increase transparency and reduce corruption. The digital economy will create new values, new growth models. The digital society will provide equal opportunities to access new services and knowledge.
During the national digital transformation process, technology companies play a leadership role. They must deploy services that meet the needs of e-governance, create platforms, invest in infrastructure, train human resources, accelerate innovation - VNA
- Vietnam to boost digital transformation faster
- National digital transformation program
- “Make in Vietnam” cyber security – a key in national digital transformation
- Vietnam urged to accelerate digital transformation
- MIC hosts forum on national digital transformation
- Vietnam Digital Transformation Day slated for mid-December
- Vietnam to go digital or lose out: Deputy PM Dam
- Technology companies must lead Vietnam’s digital transformation: PM
- Việt Nam to go digital or lose out: Deputy PM Đam
- “Digital Transformation Day 2020” will take place next August