The aid will be provided through the Korea-World Bank Partnership Facility (KWPF) and Korea-IFC Partnership Programme (KIPP).
Through the KWPF, the Korean Government will help Uganda boost its agricultural productivity by providing advice on innovative agricultural technology. It will assist Kyrgyzstan with digital projects such as building educational infrastructure to boost the country’s digital capacity.
Through the KIPP, the Republic of Korea (RoK) will help Vietnam and Cambodia boost efficiency in their manufacturing and agricultural sectors by providing advice on eco-friendly technologies. It also plans to assist Colombia in strengthening its COVID-19 response by applying quarantine-related digital solutions, and support Haiti in transitioning its textile industry to manufacture personal protective equipment.
The RoK hopes that these projects will bolster international cooperation and contribute to the RoK’s playing a leading role in the official development assistance (ODA) sector as it relates to the environment, smart cities and ICT./. CPV/VNA
- Facebook to assist the digital transformation in Vietnam
- Ecopark to house US international school
- COVID-19 a once-in-a-century opportunity to boost digital transformation
- Italian, Korean businesses join hands to support Vietnamese firms
- Financial Supervisory Service of South Korea committees to assist Vietnam
- Khanh Hoa will have 5 digital technology enterprises by 2025
- East Asia Business Council discusses ways to boost economic recovery
- RoK asks Indonesia, Vietnam to boost financial cooperation
- Quality needed to boost agricultural, aquatic exports
- Businesspeople return to South Korea from Vietnam exempted from quarantine