HÀ NỘI — The national U19 football team will compete at the upcoming AFC U19 Championship 2020 finals in Uzbekistan on October 14 – 31.
The event is due to be held across three cities in Tashkent, Olmaliq and Namangan. Viet Nam are in Group C with Saudi Arabia, Australia, and Laos, with games taking place in Namangan.
FIFA recently announced that five national teams in the Asian region will be able to progress to the finals of the FIFA U20 World Cup in 2021. With Indonesia hosting the U20 World Cup between May and June next year, Asia has been granted five places in the competition, one for Indonesia as hosts, along with an additional four teams that will qualify based on their results at the AFC U19 Championship 2020 finals.
To prepare for the AFC U19 event, the Viet Nam squad under the guidance of coach Philippe Troussier convened two times last month and he plans to host many training sessions between now and October to strengthen his line-up. — VNS
- AFC to consider postponing U19 Champs 2020
- Vietnam to face tough group opposition at Asian U19 championship
- Vietnam eye U20 World Cup slot
- Vietnam to compete in play-off round to qualify for Futsal World Cup finals
- Vietnam vie for Women’s World Cup 2023 place
- Việt Nam women’s team retain 35th place in FIFA rankings
- Philippe Troussier listed among greatest AFC Asian Cup coaches
- Vietnamese U23 team named as eighth best in Asia by football website
- Vietnam Football Federation announces national team’s schedule in FIFA World Cup qualifiers