Abrams has 26 years of experience in coaching. He spent 10 years developing Belgium’s youth football, managing both U16 and U17 teams, producing sensational stars like Vincent Kompany, Kevin De Bruyne, Romelu Lukaku and Thibault Courtois.
The 63-year-old has long promoted the method and core philosophy of Belgian coaching at all levels. In 2014, Abrams coached the U15 team of Saudi Arabian club Al Ahli to win the Saudi King’s Cup.
He spent a further four years as technical director at Football Federation Australia (FFA) and two years at Myanmar Football Federation (MFF) before joining PVF.
Philippe Troussier, although no longer technical director, will stay on as technical consultant for PVF as well as the coach of Vietnam’s U19 team.
Recently, Vietnam Football Federation (VFF) signed a five-year contract with a new technical director, Japanese coach Yusuke Adachi, replacing German expert Jurgen Gede. Adachi will start work in June.
- ‘I’m not a magician’, says new VFF technical director
- Vietnam football scores Japanese tech director
- Football: New Japanese technical director quarantined upon arrival in Vietnam
- New football technical director hopes to see Vietnam surpass his native Japan
- Alfred Riedl, Former Vietnam football Coach’s passing: Vietnam Football Federation sends condolences
- Philippe Troussier listed among greatest AFC Asian Cup coaches
- Vietnam’s Korean coach wants to set up football academy in adopted country
- Sài Gòn sign young striker Nguyên Hoàng of PVF
- Coach Park Hang-seo names large squad for U22 men’s football team
- Coach, player suspended for strangling rival during Vietnam football league game