“Chelsea FC has acquired discover that proprietor Roman Abramovich has been sanctioned by the UK Authorities.
As a consequence of 100% possession of Chelsea FC and associated entities, Chelsea Membership shall be topic to the identical sanctions as Mr. Abramovich. Nonetheless, the UK Authorities has issued a normal license permitting Chelsea FC to proceed sure actions.
As we speak, we are going to nonetheless full our males’s and ladies’s matches towards Norwich and West Ham, and intend to debate with the UK Authorities the scope of the mentioned license.
This can embrace making use of for an modification to the license in order that Chelsea FC can function as usually as potential. We will even search steering from the UK Authorities on the impression these sanctions may have on the Chelsea Basis and different vital work in our neighborhood. The membership will replace extra on the state of affairs on the applicable time.” Chelsea’s homepage says.
Earlier, on the afternoon of March 10, billionaire Abramovich was frozen by the British authorities and banned from touring due to his shut affiliation with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
The sanctions are in impact till Could 31, 2022, (except the dispatch is revoked or the membership modifications arms). To this point, the British authorities has sanctioned greater than 200 people and entities linked to Russia.
The British Authorities’s sanctions towards Abramovich made Chelsea not allowed to purchase, promote or renew contracts with gamers. The Blues usually are not allowed to promote tickets, solely followers with season tickets can enter the sphere. The defending Champions League winners are additionally not allowed to promote jerseys or another business merchandise. The London crew can solely spend a most of £ 20,000 on bills earlier than every away match.
The choice from the British Authorities additionally implies that the Russian billionaire can not promote Chelsea as introduced on this crew’s homepage on March 2. The proceeds from the sale of Chelsea won’t be paid to proprietor Abramovich both immediately or not directly.
- Billionaire Abramovich was punished, the sale of Chelsea failed
- President Abramovich offered Chelsea, coach Tuchel instructed the reality.
- A big season ahead for Lampard
- Crystal Palace vs Chelsea (February 22, 2022) spherical 26 English Premier League: Benefit from historical past
- Burnley vs Chelsea evaluation (March 5, 22, 2022) spherical 28 of the Premier League: A tough visitor
- Former Chelsea star Ivanovic’s Facebook account allegedly hacked by Vietnamese
- Two younger Ukrainian gamers sacrificed for the nation
- Man City stumble again at Chelsea to crown Liverpool champions
- Man Utd, Chelsea seal top-four spots as Watford, Bournemouth relegated