Vietnam head coach Park Hang-seo speaks at a press briefing in Melbourne, Australia on Wednesday. (Photo: VFF)
NDO – Vietnam head coach Park Hang-seo affirmed that the Golden Star Warriors will do their best to earn at least one point as they play hosts Australia in the final round of the 2022 FIFA World Cup Asian Qualifiers.
At 4.10pm on January 27, Vietnam will head into their seventh match in Group B against third-placed Australia at AAMI Park in Melbourne after having gone six consecutive games without clinching a single point.
“Playing on home turf, Australia will definitely be determined to secure a victory. For us, despite competing away, we also need points and will work hard to realise that goal,” Park told reporters during a press briefing on Wednesday.
Answering questions about Australia’s weaknesses that can be exploited, the Korean coach admitted that it is very difficult to find such weaknesses within a leading Asian team like Australia, as they have more advantages than disadvantages.
“The Vietnamese players’ physique may be inferior to their opponents, but we have been prepared to grab the best results,” he affirmed.
Vietnam head coach Park Hang-seo and captain Do Hung Dung at the press briefing. (Photo: VFF)
Mentioning the 23 players registered for the match, Park said after the training session to get used to the hosting stadium AAMI Park, he and associates of the coaching staff would sit together to review the performance of players and their injury situations before making the final decision on the official squad.
“The absence of some attacking spearheads, such as Nguyen Tien Linh and Nguyen Van Toan, is nothing to worry about, as we already have alternative players,” the tactician added.
Speaking at the press briefing, Vietnam captain Do Hung Dung asserted that he and his teammates have worked hard on the training pitch and are looking forward to positive results against Australia.
- Vietnam to give everything for the Malaysia clash, says coach Park Hang-seo
- Vietnam will strive to earn points in Japan game: Park Hang-seo
- World Cup qualifiers: Vietnam targets full three points against Indonesia
- Vietnam will never give up in any circumstance, says coach Park Hang-seo
- Head coach Park Hang-seo receives Labour Order
- Vietnam worked hard to beat Malaysia: Coach Park
- Vietnam to play friendly with Jordan as part of preparations for World Cup qualifiers
- U23 Asian Cup Qualifiers: Vietnam target two wins in Group I
- VN to focus on World Cup qualifiers: coach Park