HÀ NỘI — The National Women’s Football Cup kicked off on Sunday at the Viet Nam Youth Football Training Centre in Ha Noi.
Both Ha Noi I Watabe and HCM City beat their rivals and have their first three points.
Ha Noi I Watabe crushed Apec Sơn La 7-0.
The capital team easily had an early goal in the third-minute through Ngan Thị Vạn Sự.
After that, coach Nguyễn Anh Tuấn’s players ran rampant with six more goals. Sự scored twice more for her hat-trick, while Phạm Hải Yến also notched a treble. Bui Thị Trang also got on the scoresheet.
Meanwhile, HCM City players also got off to a good start with three goals scored in the first half against Viet Nam Coal and Mineral.
In the second half, Viet Nam Coal and Mineral had a tactical adjustment and cut the score to 3-2, but coach Đoan Minh Hải’s players were unable to get the equaliser.
In another match played later, Thai Nguyen T&T lost to Ha Noi II Watabe 1-0.
Nguyễn Thị Hằng scored the only goal for Ha Noi II Watabe in the 33rd minute. — VNS
- Phong Phú Hà Nam draw with Thái Nguyên T&T in national women’s football champs
- National women’s football championship to kick off
- HCM City I FC win first leg of National Women‚Äôs Football Championship
- Coach Park Hang-seo names large squad for U22 men’s football team
- Striker Phượng shines to help HCM City FC beat Quảng Ninh
- Việt Nam women’s team retain 35th place in FIFA rankings
- Manager banned for five years after women’s team walk off pitch