At the event. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – Representatives of the Vietnamese Embassy and overseas Vietnamese community in Japan on August 21 visited and presented gifts to the Vietnamese sport delegation to the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games.
Speaking at the event on behalf of the community, Buddhist nun Thich Tam Tri, President of the Association of Vietnamese Buddhists in Japan, wished the delegation good health and achievements at the sport tournament.
Deputy Director of the Vietnam Sports Administration Nguyen Hong Minh, who is also head of the Vietnamese delegation, expressed his gratitude toward the Vietnamese expatriates in Japan for their attention and encouragement.
He said the support will help fuel Vietnamese athletes’ determination to deliver their best performance at the games.
The 15-strong Vietnamese sport delegation includes seven athletes who will compete in three sports, namely weightlifting, swimming and athletics at the Tokyo Paralympics, slated for August 24-September 5.
- Vietnamese athletes with disabilities to compete in three sports at Tokyo Paralympics
- Vietnam to send 19-strong delegation to Tokyo Paralympics
- Japanese city popularises Vietnam ahead of Paralympic Games
- Japanese City Promotes Vietnam Ahead of Paralympics
- VTV to Screen Tokyo Olympics for Free
- How to Watch Tokyo Olympics in Vietnam for FREE
- Olympics: Vietnamese athletes return home on August 4
- In Photo Vietnamese Delegation Marches At Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony
- Việt Nam to host 40 sports at SEA Games 31