Due to the influence of Covid-19, draw ceremony took place at the headquarters of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) will be held in the form online. 12 teams divided into two groups. The teams that finish first and second in each group will win four tickets to the final round. The two third-placed teams will play play-offs, choosing the winner of the intercontinental play-off to compete for tickets to Qatar in 2022.
More stories at Vietnam Insider’s homepage.
Vietnam joins the group of Japan, Australia, Saudi Arabia, China and Oman in the third qualifying round of the 2022 World Cup – Asia region.
Here is the result:
Group A:Iran, Korea, UAE Saudi, Iraq, Syria, Lebanese
Group B: Japan, Australia, Saudi Arabia, China, Oman
The third qualifying round will start on September 2, 2021 and end on March 29, 2022, with 10 matches taking place in seven months.
- Vietnam drawn against Japan in final round of World Cup Qualifiers
- Vietnam placed in No. 6 seed group for draw of World Cup's third qualifiers
- Vietnam vie for Women’s World Cup 2023 place
- Draw for 2022 FIFA World Cup's third qualifiers slated for July 1
- Vietnam suspends national team call-up as World Cup Asian qualifiers delayed again
- Vietnam to face tough group opposition at Asian U19 championship
- Vietnam Football Federation announces national team’s schedule in FIFA World Cup qualifiers
- Vietnam scored a 4-0 victory against Indonesia at the World Cup Asian qualifiers
- World Cup qualifiers postponed until next year