Fitness coach Cedric Roger (Photo: VFF)
NDO/VNA – French fitness instructor Cedric Roger has become the newest foreign coach working with the Vietnam Football Federation (VFF) after inking a two-year contract with the body on June 22, according to a representative of the VFF.
Roger will officially begin his job from July 1, with an aim to improve stamina of the footballers, especially the women’s squads, towards major tournaments such as the 2022 AFC Women's Asian Cup and 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup, VFF General Secretary Le Hoai Anh said.
He will work as an assistant in charge of improving physical fitness for the players, analysing technical video, and putting forth ideas to boost body constitution of national football teams.
Roger has been working at the PVF youth football training academy since May 2018 as an assistant to the technical director and a fitness coach. He was among the partners of the current U19 national team coach Philippe Troussier at the Vietnam’s U17, U19 and U20 squads.
With 20 years of experience, he has worked in nine countries and three regional federations. He is a Level A coach certified by the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) and has obtained a Master in physical preparation and sports team management.
- Vietnam youth football center nets new technical director
- New football technical director hopes to see Vietnam surpass his native Japan
- ‘I’m not a magician’, says new VFF technical director
- Vietnam football scores Japanese tech director
- Veteran football coach Le Thuy Hai passes away at the age of 76
- Coach Park Hang-seo names large squad for U22 men’s football team
- Vietnam’s Korean coach wants to set up football academy in adopted country
- VN to focus on World Cup qualifiers: coach Park
- Vietnamese women's football team end 2021 in 32nd place of FIFA world rankings