81 kg weight category. Photo: Dantri.com.vn
HÀ NỘI — The National Boxing Clubs Cup started in the Central Highlands province of Đắk Lắk on Tuesday.
Nearly 140 male and female boxers from 25 cities and provinces across the country are competing in 22 weight categories, including 11 male weight categories from 44kg to more than 91kg and 11 female weight categories from 42kg to more than 81kg.
Asian WBA champion and reigning SEA Games champion Trương Đình Hoang from Đắk Lắk and 2020 Olympics qualified boxer Nguyễn Văn Dương from Bắc Ninh will fight in the tournament.
The female weight category also has the 30th SEA Games champion Nguyễn Thị Tam from Ha Noi and Nguyễn Thị Thu Nhi from HCM City who won the WBO Asia-Pacific belt in 2020.
According to the event’s organising board, the best boxers will be selected for the national team to compete in upcoming international events.
The tournament is organised by the Viet Nam Boxing Federation and the provincial Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
It will conclude on July 15. — VNS
- Vovinam Vietnam marks return with national tournament
- Bac Ninh hosts national boxing championships 2021
- 252 athletes compete in classic and freestyle wrestling tourney
- Vietnam’s weightlifting fears ban from Olympics after two new doping scandals
- Vietnamese chess ace to compete in Steinitz Memorial contest
- Van, Duy Nhat stamp prominence at Vietnam Golf Awards
- Gymnasts target Olympic slots, SEA Games titles
- Theo đánh giá của Ban Tổ chức giải, chất lượng vận động viên của các đoàn năm nay khá đồng
- Vietnam pins hope on female weightlifter at Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- Vietnam ends Army Games with three bronze medals, one champion cup