The women’s national football team of Vietnam climbed one place on the FIFA Women’s World Rankings during the first quarter of 2021, according to the Vietnam Football Federation.
Illustrative Photo (Source: SGGP)The team moved up to 33rd spot with 1,657 points, even though they have not played since an Olympic playoff in March last year. Vietnam also remained at the top place in Southeast Asia. To prepare for the 31st Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games) in Vietnam later this year, the squad held a practice session in January and another is slated for the end of this month. This may, however, be hindered by the continuing complexity of COVID-19. The top five Asian teams on the rankings are Australia, the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Japan, China, and the Republic of Korea. The US women’s national football team were still ranked No 1 in the world, followed by Germany, the Netherlands, France, Sweden, and the UK.
- Vietnamese women's football team end 2021 in 32nd place of FIFA world rankings
- Việt Nam women’s team retain 35th place in FIFA rankings
- National men’s football team posts highest FIFA ranking in 20 years
- Vietnam vie for Women’s World Cup 2023 place
- National team ends year in FIFA top 100
- Vietnam ranks 93rd in FIFA rankings
- Vietnam to play three matches in 2022 AFC Women's Asian Cup qualification
- AFC mark Vietnam as rising power in women’s football
- Vietnam Football Federation announces national team’s schedule in FIFA World Cup qualifiers
- Vietnam to advance in FIFA world rankings