Juventus' Cristiano Ronaldo in action with Inter Milan's Alessandro Bastoni. (Reuters)
Juventus booked a place in the Coppa Italia final after holding visitors Inter Milan to a 0-0 draw in their semi-final, second leg on Tuesday, sealing a date with either Napoli or Atalanta with a 2-1 success on aggregate.
Romelu Lukaku and Lautaro Martinez had chances to get Inter back in the tie in the first half, while Cristiano Ronaldo came closest to adding to Juve's aggregate advantage in the opening period, having scored both of their goals in the first leg.
* Manchester United reached the FA Cup quarter-finals for the seventh season in succession as substitute Scott McTominay's goal in extra time sealed a 1-0 win over West Ham United on Tuesday (Feb 9).
* Real Madrid's French duo Karim Benzema and Ferland Mendy struck in the second half as the Spanish champions overcame an injury crisis to beat Getafe 2-0 at home on Tuesday (and close the gap to La Liga leaders Atletico Madrid to five points.
* Premier League Burnley were knocked out of the FA Cup by Championship side Bournemouth after suffering a 2-0 defeat to the second-tier team at Turf Moor on Tuesday (Feb 9).
* An anxious Sofia Kenin was in tears before launching her title defence at the Australian Open on Tuesday and again after completing an unconvincing 7-5 6-4 win over local wildcard Maddison Inglis.
* Rafa Nadal defied his gloomy injury prognosis and complete lack of match practice to crush Laslo Djere 6-3 6-4 6-1 on Tuesday and reach the Australian Open second round as he launched his bid for a record 21st Grand Slam title.
* American teenager Coco Gauff said she felt right at home among her spectator contemporaries on the John Cain Arena court on Tuesday as she knocked out Jil Teichmann 6-3 6-2 to glide into the second round of the Australian Open.
* Paula Badosa, the only Australian Open player to contract COVID-19 in the leadup to the Grand Slam, bowed out of the first round on Tuesday with a 6-7(4) 7-6(4) 7-5 loss to Russian qualifier Liudmila Samsonova.
* Former world number one Victoria Azarenka appeared to have breathing difficulties on Tuesday (Feb 9) as she crashed out of the Australian Open in a straight-sets loss (7-5, 6-4) to Jessica Pegula.
* World number one Ash Barty doled out the dreaded 'double bagel' to Danka Kovinic in the first round of the Australian Open on Tuesday, humiliating the error-prone Montenegrin 6-0 6-0 on Rod Laver Arena.
* Briton Johanna Konta retired from her Australian Open first-round match against Kaja Juvan of Slovenia on Tuesday due to injury while leading 6-4 0-2.
* Greek fifth seed Stefanos Tsitsipas was left surprised by the ease with which he stormed past veteran Frenchman Gilles Simon during a 6-1 6-2 6-1 thrashing to open his Australian Open campaign on Tuesday (Feb 9).
* Angel Di Maria will miss Paris St Germain's Champions League last-16 first leg against Barcelona at the Camp Nou with a thigh injury, coach Mauricio Pochettino said on Tuesday.
* Manchester United's Europa League last-32 first leg game away to Real Sociedad has been moved from San Sebastian to Turin as a result of Spain's travel restrictions to fight the spread of COVID-19 variants, UEFA said in a statement on Tuesday. The match will kick off at the Juventus Stadium at the scheduled time: 6.55 p.m. (1755 GMT) on Feb. 18.
* World number one Dustin Johnson, fresh off his triumph at the European Tour's Saudi International, has withdrawn from this week's AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, his manager said on Tuesday.
* The Premier League on Tuesday (Feb 9) set in motion an action plan to eradicate racial prejudice and create more opportunities for minority ethnic groups in soccer. It builds on the existing actions taken by the Premier League and clubs to promote equality, diversity and inclusion.
* Gudaf Tsegay of Ethiopia set a new 1,500m indoor world record by finishing in 3 minutes 53.09 seconds on Tuesday (Feb 9) at a meet in northern France.
- Lukaku leads Inter into Europa League semi-finals
- Man United agree deal to re-sign Ronaldo from Juventus
- Inter stalemate leaves Juve free to make it nine in a row
- Football: Inter Milan crowned champions of Italy for first time in 11 years
- Ronaldo double puts Juve on brink of nine in a row
- What time Champions League quarter-final and semi-final kick off?
- Europa League MU Inter Milan book places in semi finals
- Cristiano Ronaldo tests positive for COVID-19
- Sarri savours ‘sweet’ first title with Juve after difficult debut season
- Ronaldo reaches 100 goals for Juve in crucial win at Sassuolo