Both teams are in Group F alongside BG Pathum United FC of Thailand and another team that will win a play-off match to be decided later by the AFC.
It would be considered a tricky group for the Vietnamese side, as head coach Truong Viet Hoang is set to lead them into the regional tournament for the first time.
A total of 40 teams will compete for the AFC Champions League, with sides divided into Eastern Asian and Western Asian zones.
Each zone will include five groups, and the five top teams together with three second-placed teams will progress through to the competition’s knock-out stage.
As current V.League 1 champions, Viettel FC will compete in the group stage of the AFC Champions League 2021 between April 21 to May 7. They will play all of their three matches in the same location at a neutral venue due measures aimed at preventing the potential spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- V. League 1 champions to directly qualify for AFC Champions League
- Vietnamese representatives get comfortable AFC Cup 2021 draws
- V.League 1 set to feature 14 teams for 2021 season
- Viettel turn focus to conquering Asia
- V.League 1 title, relgation races kick off
- V.League 1 teams ready for restart
- Vietnamese-owned club win Bosnia-Herzegovina league, in Champions League qualifiers
- Qatar to host East Zone games for AFC Champions League
- Military-owned club crowned champions of Vietnam football league