|Coach Park Hang-seo names large squad for U22 men’s football team.|
Within the team, Hoang Anh Gia Lai FC contributed the highest number with a total of five players, followed by Duoc Nam Ha Nam Dinh with four of their players called up, and Becamex Binh Duong with three names.
The latest squad sees no Hanoi FC players named among the list, with many young footballers stepping up to replace senior members who have been injured playing in the V.League 1.
The Vietnam U22 squad are scheduled to come together for training at the Vietnam Youth Football Training Centre in the northern province of Hung Yen on July 1.
This will be followed by a practice match between the squad on July 2 with coach Park Hang-seo casting a close eye over each player.
The team will then disperse on July 3, creating conditions for footballers to return to their clubs as the domestic season resumes.
The gathering is aimed at preparing the young squad to defend the country’s championship title which will take place in Hanoi during the 2021 Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games).
- 33 players called up to Vietnamese U22 squad
- Park Hang-seo calls up 35 players ahead of upcoming World Cup qualifiers
- Forty young footballers called up to Vietnamese U17 team
- National squad to gather immediately after conclusion of V. League 2020
- National squad to gather in mid-November ahead of international tournaments
- Coach Park and his players undergo COVID-19 tests
- Coach Park chooses players for World Cup qualifiers in UAE
- Vietnam U22 squad get training camp underway in Hanoi
- Coach Park selects 48 players for U22 training camp
- Young footballers’ lack of top-flight tournament play time worries Vietnam’s head coach