HẢI DƯƠNG — The National Team Badminton Championship opened on Tuesday in the northern province of Hải Dương.
The tournament has drawn 109 athletes from nine cities and provinces such as Bắc Giang, Bắc Ninh, Đa Nẵng, Đồng Nai and Ha Noi.
Top Vietnamese players such as Nguyễn Tiến Minh, Vũ Thị Trang and Đao Mạnh Thắng are competing this year.
Players are competing in the women’s and men’s team category. In each division, the teams are divided into two groups to compete in a round-robin format. The two best teams of each group will qualify for the semi-finals.
The event, organised by the National Sports Administration and the provincial Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism, will finish on June 27. VNS
- Vietnam sports forge strong June comeback
- Vietnamese badminton players secure Olympic berths
- Next Media to sponsor final round of National U15 Championship
- Vietnam to compete in play-off round to qualify for Futsal World Cup finals
- National tennis championship gets under way in HCM City
- Asian WBA champion to fight in national tournament
- VN U22 team to take part in Toulon Tournament
- VN U19 team to compete in AFC U19 champs in Uzbekistan
- National Chess Championship crowns new winners