HCM CITY — One hundred and sixty five outstanding teams are competing in the final round of the 2020-21HCM City Basketball Tournament for the Nestle MILO cup, which began at the Phu Thọ Stadium in District 11 on November 14.
The teams represent 35 primary schools, 72 secondary schools and 58 high schools in the city.
Huỳnh Trọng Khải, chairman of the HCM City Basketball Federation, said: “This year’s tournament marks an important milestone – the 25th year of the school basketball movement in HCM City. Over the past 25 years the tournament has become an outstanding and desirable playground for many generations of students, helping nurture their passion for basketball.
“It is the result of close co-operation between various agencies, organisations and businesses, and the thorough and effective companionship of Nestle MILO for the past 15 years, towards the common goal of nurturing basketball talent in school children.”
Many basketball talents such as Chong Paul, Trat Thị Nguyet Nga, Trieu Han Minh, and Le Ngọc Tu have been unearthed through the tournament and nurtured.
The event, organised by the city Departments of Education and Training and Sports and Culture, the HCM City Basketball Federation and Nestle MILO, will go on until December 6. — VNS
- Next Media to sponsor final round of National U15 Championship
- ABL on verge of shutdown
- Foreign dribblers to benefit from Vietnam pro basketball league revamp
- VN U22 team to take part in Toulon Tournament
- Microsoft, NBA team up to put virtual fans in basketball arenas
- Vietnam to vie in two international e-sport tournaments
- Badminton tournament underway in Hải Dương
- 2020 basketball season postponed again
- Vietnamese students to compete at Microsoft Office World Champs