The purchases will be made from a range of manufacturers via the global COVAX Facility scheme, which aims to secure rapid and fair global access to COVID-19 vaccines.
The tranche of funding comes on top of the US$23.2 million already committed.
The plan will be rolled out over three years to help countries in Southeast Asia and the Pacific achieve “full immunization coverage.”
The money will be used to distribute millions of COVID-19 vaccine doses to countries across the region, as well as provide technical support to local health authorities./.
CPV (Source: NDO)
- Australia to support COVID-19 vaccine access for Pacific and Southeast Asian countries
- Vietnam included in Australia’s US$58 million support for Covid-19 vaccine access
- Australia earmarks $57 mln to give neighboring nations access to Covid-19 vaccines
- Low income countries to receive COVAX vaccine this month
- UK donates 1 billion USD to help poor countries access COVID-19 vaccine
- Vietnam among 42 countries to manufacture COVID-19 vaccines
- Vietnam seeks to buy 30 million doses of AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccine from UK