News of the cancellation comes following talks by the administration of Hanoi, the Vietnam Motorsports Association (VMA), and the Vietnam Grand Prix Limited Liability Company (VGPC), who held discussions with the International Automobile Federation (FIA) and the Formula One Group.
Unfortunately, the complicated nature of developments surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic has forced the cancellation of 13 F1 races worldwide, including in Australia, China, the Netherlands, Monaco, Azerbaijan, Canada, France, Singapore, Japan, the United States, Mexico, Brazil, and Vietnam.
The Vietnam Grand Prix Limited Liability Company (VGPC) will refund all customers who purchased tickets for the Vietnamese Grand Prix which was due to take place this year in Hanoi.
- Vietnam cancels F1 race because of Covid-19 pandemic
- Formula 1 will not race in Vietnam in 2020
- Vietnam cancels 2020 F1 race due to COVID-19 pandemic
- F1 set for a series of firsts with revised race calendar
- Vietnam Grand Prix will take place this November? Announcement possibly coming soon
- When is next F1 Grand Prix going to be held?
- A full lap of the Vietnam Grand Prix
- Hanoi circuit added to F1 simulation system