24-year-old Lê Tuấn Minh received his first ever gold medal in the standard chess category in the National Chess Championship 2020. Photo Hanoimoi.com.vn
HÀ NỘI — Lê Tuấn Minh and Lương Phương Hạnh won their first-ever National Chess Championship titles in Hà Nội on Sunday.
Minh of Hà Nội, who was the No 2 seed, earned seven points after eight unbeaten games to win the men’s standard chess category.
While on the women’s side, the No 6 seed Hạnh of Bình Dương Province defeated No 4 seed Nguyễn Thị Mai Hưng of Bắc Giang Province in the last match.
More than 100 players competed in the tournament from localities nationwide.
Like previous years, this year’s tournament had three categories, including standard chess, blitz and rapid chess.
Through the tournament, the Vietnam Chess Federation will select the best players to join the national team to compete in international tournaments in 2021. VNS
- National junior chess championship attracts 300 players
- Vietnamese chess ace to compete in Steinitz Memorial contest
- Vietnamese team to compete at Online Chess Olympiad
- Vietnam sports forge strong June comeback
- Vietnam eliminated early from online chess Olympiad 2020
- Vietnam drawn alongside China at FIDE Online Chess Olympiad 2020
- Vietnamese man captains Japan’s chess team at FIDE Online Olympiad 2020
- Badminton tournament underway in Hải Dương