Phong Phu Ha Nam vs Thai Nguyen T&T in the opening match of first leg of the National Women’s Football Championship on Tuesday. Photo vff.org.vn
HÀ NAM — Dosts Phong Phu Ha Nam drew with Thai Nguyen T&T 3-3 in the opening match of the first leg of the National Women’s Football Championship on Tuesday.
The game was held at Ha Nam Stadium in the northern province of Ha Nam.
In the 32nd minute, Thai Nguyen opened the scoring through Nguyễn Thị Quỳnh.
Eight minutes later, Nguyễn Thị Tuyết Dung equalised for Ha Nam. In just a few minutes at the end of the first half, the visitors scored twice to lead 3-1 thanks to Mai Quỳnh.
However, Thai Nguyen were unable to maintain their advantage in the second half as Đỗ Thị Nguyen and Le Thu Thanh Hương scored to secure a point for Ha Nam on the opening day.
In other matches, defending champions HCM City 1 crushed HCM City 2 6-0 while Ha Noi 1 Watabe also defeated Ha Noi 2 Watabe with the same score of 6-0.
Meanwhile, Viet Nam Coal and Mineral beat Sơn La 4-1. The match featured an outstanding performance of striker Chau Thị Vang, who scored a hat-trick.
The tournament features eight teams who will play their opponents twice in a round-robin format. The return fixtures are scheduled to take place from November 20 to December 11 in the second leg of the tournament.
The winners will walk away with VNĐ300 million (US$13000), while the first and second runners-up will receive VNĐ200 million ($8700) and VNĐ100 million ($4300), respectively. — VNS
- National Women’s Football Cup kicks off
- National women’s football championship to kick off
- HCM City I FC win first leg of National Women‚Äôs Football Championship
- Manager banned for five years after women’s team walk off pitch
- Vietnam's first football game since pandemic break to allow spectators
- Quảng Nam relegated to V.League 2
- Hà Nội FC win to keep pressure on Viettel
- PVF emerge victorious in final of U15 National Football Championship 2020