A man walks outside the Japanese Finance Ministry’s headquarters in Tokyo (Photo: https://www.bangkokpost.com)
The deal reflects the continued bilateral financial cooperation between Japan and Malaysia that will contribute to the stability of financial markets, the countries said in a joint statement.
It will further strengthen the growing economic and trade ties between the two countries, it added.
The arrangement, which enables both authorities to swap their local currencies for US dollars, is aimed at safeguarding each other in times of currency turmoil, such as speculative attacks./.
CPV (Source: VNA)
- Vietnam rejects ‘currency manipulator’ label
- After the US censure, Vietnam is intervening in the currency
- Vietnam PM holds talks with US President Trump over currency issue
- State Bank of Vietnam denies creating unfair trade advantage via forex policies
- Vietnam-Malaysia relations to see positive changes after signing of RCEP
- Vietnam boosting economic ties with the US, Japan and Australia
- Vietnam’s local currency bond market posts positive growth through Covid-19
- Vietnam – Japan ties unchanged: AJC Secretary General
- Vietnam, U.S. reach agreement over U.S.’s designation of Vietnam as currency manipulator