THANH HOA — Coach Nguyễn Thành Công expressed his regret at leaving Thanh Hóa FC, having resigned recently after being forced out by the board.
Last Friday, reports emerged that the club’s board had told the coach his starting lineups and substitutions would have to be approved by a majority of the coaching staff, making for a transparent effort to force the coach out.
Công’s contract stated he would have had to compensate the club upon resigning, but the club agreed to waive its right to compensation.
A few days ago, coach Công resigned, citing frustration in his position and being no longer suitable for the working style and vision of the board.
“More than three months including eight matches and the hard times during the pandemic, we created a strong bond between coaches and players,” Công told bongdaplus.vn .
“Saying goodbye in an unexpected way, I regret not having enough time to evoke the full potential of the players, not standing by their side during their career development.”
“With the fans, I had a great time with them. Thanh Hóa people love football and the team so much. To me, they will always be one of the biggest football supporters.”
“I always cherish and thank the fans for always closely following the team. Hopefully, the players will continue to dedicate themselves, regardless of the love of the supporters,” he added.
Công became head coach of Thanh Hóa FC in early June, replacing Italian coach Fabio Lopez.
From the bottom of the table with three losses, Thanh Hóa FC under coach Công rose to eighth with four wins and two draws in his eight matches. VNS
- V. League club fires Italian coach after tepid performance
- Coach Chung back to lead HCM City FC
- Coach Chung Hae-seung back to lead Ho Chi Minh City FC
- Chairman takes control of team matters at HCM City
- Sài Gòn coach recommends four players for coach Park
- An Giang coach wants Phố Hiến players and coach disciplined over fracas
- Coach Park selects 48 players for U22 training camp
- Coach Park and his players undergo COVID-19 tests
- Midfielder Long starting to fulfill his potential at last