People take part in UpRace’s Race for the Community 2019. Photo Courtesy of VNG
HCM CITY— VNG, a technology company, will launch the UpRace’s Race for the Community on September 18.
Rather than racing in person, runners record their runs with a mobile application on the UpRace website.
The app and the website measures the cumulative distance, with each validated kilometre fetching donations of at least VND1000 from sponsoring companies.
The race, which will last three weeks, aims to attract 50000 people running 3 million kilometres.
The money will be donated to Newborns Vietnam, GreenViet, Vietseeds, and Operation Smile.
Individuals and enterprises can also donate to the four organisations via ZaloPay.
Last year, the UpRace run attracted 32000 people and raised VNĐ6 billion (US$258566) for Newborns Vietnam, GreenViet and Vietseeds.
People can access https://uprace.vn/info to download the UpRace application.
VNG started UpRace’s Race for the Community in 2018. It provides technical assistance for the race. VNS
- VnExpress announces second virtual race
- F1 race could take place in Hanoi this November
- Crowds in Sa Pa thrilled by local horse race
- TECHCOMBANK IRONMAN 70.3 Việt Nam rescheduled for 2021
- TECHCOMBANK IRONMAN has been rescheduled for May 2021
- Rise in Covid-19 infections and deaths, race against clock at test labs
- Hanoi F1 racetrack are removed as the race was suspended
- Sacombank organises online run for community, second phase
- F1 set for a series of firsts with revised race calendar