Newly-appointed technical director of the VFF Japanese Yusuke Adachi (right) and coach Park Hang-seo. — Photo laodong.vn
HÀ NỘI — Newly-appointed technical director of the Viet Nam Football Federation (VFF) Yusuke Adachi said he believes that he will work well with coaches Park Hang-seo and Philippe Troussier to develop Vietnamese football.
“My first goal is to do more research on the football background, meet the coaches, exchange information with clubs to better understand the Vietnamese football,” said the Japanese national.
“The long-term goal is to help Viet Nam beat Japan. This won’t be complete in a short time, but within the next 30 years, I think that Viet Nam can beat Japan. I am not a magician but that goal can be done with the great potential of Vietnamese football,” Adachi added.
The Japanese expert said he was very excited to work with the head coach of the national team and U23 team Park and U19 national team coach Troussier.
“Park is doing his work very well. In this period, he knows Vietnamese football better than me. For Troussier, he used to be the head coach of Japan. I know the two coaches and I am very happy to work with them. It is a great advantage for me which can help me co-ordinate with them and find a final solution for the future of Vietnamese football,” said Adachi.
According to the VFF, Adachi will take part more in the training of Vietnamese coaches and youth training of the VFF. He will also give professional advice and support to youth teams in competitions.
Adachi was born in 1961 and is known as one of the elite coaches of the Asian Football Federation (AFC). He was appointed as a lecturer in the AFC professional football coach training course held in Viet Nam for the first time in 2017.
In addition to his ability to train professional coaches, Adachi worked for many years as a coach of young teams in the J.League such as Shonan Bellmare’s U16 U18 and U21 youth football director and head coach of Cerezo Osaka’s U18 and U21 as well as sports director of AC Nagano Parceiro. — VNS
- Vietnam football scores Japanese tech director
- New football technical director hopes to see Vietnam surpass his native Japan
- Football: New Japanese technical director quarantined upon arrival in Vietnam
- Vietnam youth football center nets new technical director
- Coach Park Hang-seo names large squad for U22 men’s football team
- Vietnamese football has new fitness coach
- Head coach Park Hang-seo receives Labour Order
- Philippe Troussier listed among greatest AFC Asian Cup coaches
- Vietnam’s Korean coach wants to set up football academy in adopted country