Hundreds of workers worked overnight on June 8 to dismantle the fences on Le Quang Dao and Le Duc Tho streets.
Cranes used for the work
The fences will be stockpiled and re-used when the race takes place.
The removal will help to ease traffic congestion in Le Quang Dao and Le Duc Tho streets
The work is expected to be finished within one month.
Hanoi and Vietnam Grand Prix Limited Liability Company decided to halt the race due to the Covid-19 pandemic although the entire 5.6-km racetrack had been completed after the 11-month construction process.
The organisers will keep a closed watch on Covid-19 situation to select the most suitable time to hold the race which was initially scheduled to take place in April this year.
This artcle was originally published in Dtinews
- Vietnam cancels F1 race because of Covid-19 pandemic
- Vietnam cancels 2020 F1 race due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Formula 1 will not race in Vietnam in 2020
- Hanoi circuit added to F1 simulation system
- When is next F1 Grand Prix going to be held?
- F1 set for a series of firsts with revised race calendar
- VnExpress announces second virtual race
- Vietnam dropped from the provisional calendar for the 2021 Formula 1 season
- Formula One grand prix officially cancelled in Vietnam
- Australia Grand Prix tonigh (July 5): What time does the F1 race start, what TV channel?