Illustrative image (Photo: Xinhua)
The move was initiated by Vietnam in its capacity as ASEAN Chair.
In the statement, ministers expressed their profound condolences to the Philippine Government and people, especially families of victims, and hoped that the injured will soon recover.
In the current difficult time, they said ASEAN affirms solidarity with the Philippine Government and people and support the Philippine Government’s efforts to deal with the case, soon arrest and bring culprits behind the terrorist attacks to the court.
ASEAN also reaffirms commitment to enhancing cooperation with the international community in the fight against terrorism in any forms, they added./.
CPV (Source: VNA)
- ASEAN Foreign Ministers issue statement on Lebanon explosion
- ASEAN Foreign Ministers offer condolences to Myanmar over jade mine disaster
- ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ statement sympathizes with China over severe floods
- Philippine President confident ASEAN will overcome COVID-19
- Vietnam offers US$100,000 in aid to help China overcome consequences of natural disasters
- ASEAN Foreign Ministers issue statement expressing sympathies and condolences over Beirut port blast
- ASEAN Foreign Ministers issue statement on floods landslides in Southeast Asia
- ASEAN foreign ministers’ statement on maintaining peace and stability in Southeast Asia
- Philippines calls on ASEAN to uphold UNCLOS, gear up COC negotiation