The Chu Thap (Fiery Cross) Reef in Vietnam’s Truong Sa (Spratly) archipelago (Photo: Reuters)
In its statement, DOC said the Chinese companies have played important role in helping the Chinese military construct and militarise the internationally condemned artificial islands in the waters.
Meanwhile, the US Department of State said it will restrict visas to Chinese individuals involved in the above-mentioned case as well as those involved in blocking Southeast Asian countries that have sovereignty claims in the East Sea to access marine resources.
The Entity List is a tool utilised by BIS to restrict the export, re-export, and transfer (in-country) of items subject to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to persons (individuals, organisations, companies) reasonably believed to be involved, or to pose a significant risk of becoming involved, in activities contrary to the national security or foreign policy interests of the US.
Additional license requirements apply to exports, re-exports, and transfers (in-country) of items subject to the EAR to listed entities, and the availability of most license exceptions is limited./.
CPV (Source: VNA)
- Pentagon condemns Chinese military drills near Paracel Islands
- Chinese ships attack Vietnamese boat in the disputed waters
- Chinese ships enter disputed territorial waters in East China Sea
- Vietnam opposes Chinese military drills around Paracel Islands
- Pentagon condemns Chinese military drills near Paracels