HÀ NỘI — The Viet Nam women’s national football team have maintained 35th position in the FIFA world rankings in August.
With tournaments suspended from the beginning of the year, the world women’s football team rankings remained the same, with no change compared to the first and second quarters.
Viet Nam are ranked sixth in Asia, one spot above regional rivals Thailand, who are 39th in the world.
Viet Nam lead the Southeast Asian region.
Viet Nam are expected to have many opportunities to qualify for the World Cup 2023. The number of teams in the finals of the tournament in 2023 will be increased to 32 teams from 24. The number of spots for Asia teams also increased to 8.5, instead of just five, giving the Vietnamese a chance to qualify for their first-ever World Cup. — VNS
- Vietnam moves up one spot on FIFA Women’s World Rankings
- Vietnam vie for Women’s World Cup 2023 place
- Vietnamese women's football team end 2021 in 32nd place of FIFA world rankings
- AFC mark Vietnam as rising power in women’s football
- National men’s football team posts highest FIFA ranking in 20 years
- National team ends year in FIFA top 100
- Vietnam ranks 93rd in FIFA rankings
- Vietnam to advance in FIFA world rankings
- Việt Nam team to play again in January next year