On August 12, the Philippine Health Ministry said the country recorded 4,444 new infections and 93 deaths in the past 24 hours, raising the total number of infections and fatalities to 143,749 and 2,404 cases, respectively.
The country currently records the highest number of infections in the region.
The same day, Indonesia announced 1,942 additional new cases, bringing the total to 130,718. Meanwhile, the number of deaths rose to 5,903, or 79 cases higher than a day earlier, a record in Southeast Asia.
In Singapore, there were 42 new infection cases, the lowest in the past nearly five months, most of them are workers under quarantine.
Last week, the island state announced that it successfully wiped out COVID-19 hotbeds at dormitories where about 300,000 workers are living./.
CPV (Source: VNA)
- Indonesia, Philippines confirm over 3000 new COVID-19 cases
- Iran hits record high 235 virus deaths
- Four imported cases of COVID-19 recorded on January 7
- June 22 Coronavirus news Over 43 million people recovered from Covid 19
- June 22 Coronavirus update news Over 43 million people recovered from Covid 19
- Vietnam records 12 new imported COVID-19 cases
- Vietnam records three new COVID-19 cases
- Vietnam records five imported COVID-19 infections
- Vietnam records nine imported COVID-19 cases on New Year day