The Lao Prime Minister’s Office on August 7 issued an urgent announcement of the enhancement of some measures against COVID-19 amid this country’s relaxation of virus containment actions.
The announcement noted that facing the risk of a resurgence of COVID-19 amid the disease’s complex developments in the region and the world, the Lao Government decided to strengthen the enforcement of prevention measures.
In particular, relevant agencies were asked to enhance examination of those exiting from or entering the country so as to detect any illegal entry cases, monitor entertainment venues and karaoke parlours which had been ordered to close temporarily, and deal with any violations of the government’s directives.
Notably, the Foreign Ministry of Laos was assigned to coordinate with the country’s national steering committee for COVID-19 prevention and control and relevant agencies to prepare for the implementation of “green lane” (fast procedure handling) for Vietnam and China.
Since the onset of the COVID-19 outbreak, Laos has recorded 20 cases, and the only patient still under treatment is a national of the Republic of Korea who was confirmed positive for the coronavirus on July 23. The remaining 19 patients have been discharged from hospital./.
CPV (Source: VNA)
- Lang Son strengthens prevention and control of Covid-19 at border gate
- Committee asks for strengthening illegal immigration prevention
- Hospitals asked to tighten safety measures amid Covid-19 new cases
- Trade Office works to boost commercial ties with Laos amid COVID-19
- Party Central Committee’s Secretariat asks for tighter COVID-19 prevention measures
- Student tests positive for Covid-19 after leaving quarantine center
- Prime minister Phuc allows resumption of Vietnam – China flights
- Measures urged to prepare Vietnam to cope with new COVID-19 developments
- Vietnamese firms in Laos gather to propose measures against difficulties