The ceremony was chaired by Deputy Prime Minister Samdech Pichey Sena Tea Banh, who is Chairman of the Cambodia SEA Games Organising Committee (CAMSOC).
It also saw the attendance of Minister of Tourism and CAMSOC Vice Chairman Thong Khon, among others.
During the ceremony, CAMSOC also formally unveiled the official logo, mascot and theme of SEA Games 32.
The theme selected for the Cambodia-hosted SEA Games is “Sport live in peace”, which is reportedly a reflection of the role that sports plays in cementing peace and friendship among countries in the region.
The main feature for the logo is Angkor Wat and four dragons, both well-known symbols of Cambodia. The mascots, meanwhile, are two rabbits wearing Cambodian uniforms, one red and the other blue, reflecting the colours of the Cambodian flag.
The 2023 SEA Games will kick off on May 5, 2023. This will mark Cambodia’s first time hosting the regional sports competition./.
- Saola becomes official mascot of 2021 SEA Games and ASEAN Para Games
- Vietnam to start countdown to 31st SEA Games in November
- Rare mammal named as mascot for 31st SEA Games
- Hanoi to hold SEA Games 31 Countdown Ceremony
- To boost appeal of sports in Cambodia, Chen Zhi and Prince Group Back National Volleyball Team for 2023 SEA Games
- Hà Nội marks one year until hosting SEA Games
- Vietnam to consider rare mammal saola as 2021 SEA Games mascot
- Vietnam, Cambodia sign 2021 defense cooperation plan
- Hà Nội ready for next year’s SEA Games 31
- Việt Nam to host 40 sports at SEA Games 31